creation coloring pages
A Creation is something that was made. More specifically,
it is believed that an entity referred to as God created the universe in six days and rested on the seventh.
* First day: God creates light (â€œLet there be light!â€)â€”the first divine command. The light is divided from the darkness, and â€œdayâ€ and â€œnightâ€ are named.
* Second day: God creates a firmament (â€œLet a firmament beâ€¦!â€)â€”the second commandâ€”to divide the waters above from the waters below. The firmament is named â€œskiesâ€.
* Third day: God commands the waters below to be gathered together in one place, and dry land to appear (the third command). â€œEarthâ€ and â€œseaâ€ are named. God commands the earth to bring forth grass, plants, and fruit-bearing trees (the fourth command).
* Fourth day: God creates lights in the firmament (the fifth command) to separate light from darkness and to mark days, seasons and years. Two great lights are made (most likely the Sun and Moon, but not named), and the stars.
* Fifth day: God commands the sea to â€œteem with living creaturesâ€, and birds to fly across the heavens (sixth command); He creates birds and sea creatures, and commands them to be fruitful and multiply.
* Sixth day: God commands the land to bring forth living creatures (seventh command); He makes wild beasts, livestock and reptiles. He then creates Man and Woman in His â€œimageâ€ and â€œlikenessâ€ (eighth command). They are told to â€œbe fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it.â€ Humans and animals are given plants to eat. The totality of creation is described by God as â€œvery good.â€
* Seventh day: God, having completed the heavens and the earth, rests from His work, and blesses and sanctifies the seventh day.